Type final piece in Google Docs. BRING ROUGH DRAFT back to class on Monday.
Important (you will lose points if you don’t do this)- name your document (period last name, first name) Ex (7 Watson, Christina).
SHARE it with me at firstname.lastname@example.org
rough draft *printed- Due – Thursday 10/3- bring a printed copy
Final copy should be 300-500 words and in MLA format & you follow the rules of punctuation with your dialogue- see sheet below-
Choose from one of the following fairytales- (if there is one you really want to explore that is not on here, see me):
- Little Red Riding Hood
- Snow White
- Sleeping Beauty
- Rumple Stiltskin
- Hansel and Grettle
- Jack and the Bean Stock
- The Pied Piper
- The Emperor’s New Clothes
- Hans my Hedgehog
Below is a link to all of the stories in their “original” form (in order as seen above)- scroll down until you find your story. Remember- you will need to have the same characters – maybe repeat something said in the story so you can see the thread of the story tying your new ending together with the old ending.
Fairy tales-new endings. You will create a new ending to a classic tale.
Begin your ending at the climax. Your first line will let us know where we are.
There are a few parameters that will be on the rubric:
- You must use one of the original versions from my blog or copies (class set- don’t take with you).
- You must have dialogue with correct use of quotations marks and punctuation.
- It must be in MLA format: 12 font- Times New Roman Double Spaced
- 300-500 words (name and title not included)
- Begin your narrative with a sentence that allows the reader to know the action you have started from or use an original line from the text.
- Keep the story in 3rd person. Keep it in past tense.
- Be sure that your details are consistent with plot possibilities and character dialogue is consistent with previous dialogue.
- Have fun with this- you will be sharing with your group. The winner of each group goes to the semi-finals!!! Yes- there is a reward for the winner in each class. (:
- You must have a written rough draft that will be written at school and turned in; however, you will be sharing your typed version with me on my gmail- email@example.com
- You must share your document with someone who will edit- they will get a peer edit grade, so they will need to edit your shared doc by Thursday. They need to write their name at top- as well as any changes they see that need to be made (they will have a list to look for in your paper).
- Due date for final typed copied (shared on gmail): Friday, Oct. 4th Late papers will receive 10 points off per day.