Type final piece in Google Docs.
Important (you will lose points if you don’t do this)- name your document (period last name, first name) Ex (7 Watson, Christina).
SHARE it with me at email@example.com
Due MONDAY 10/15
Final copy should be 300-500 words and in MLA format & you follow the rules of punctuation with your dialogue- see sheet below-
Fairytale endings narrative instructions
Choose from one of the following fairytales- (if there is one you really want to explore that is not on here, see me):
- Little Red Riding Hood
- Snow White
- Sleeping Beauty
- Rumple Stiltskin
- Hansel and Grettle
- Jack and the Bean Stock
- The Pied Piper
- The Emperor’s New Clothes
- Hans my Hedgehog
Below is a link to all of the stories in their “original” form (in order as seen above)-
Fairytales-new endings. You will create a new ending to a classic tale.
Begin your ending at the climax. Your first line will let us know where we are.
There are a few parameters that will be on the rubric:
- You must use one of the original versions from my blog or copies (class set- don’t take with you).
- You must have dialogue with correct use of quotations marks and punctuation.
- It must be in MLA format: 12 font- Times New Roman Double Spaced
- 300-500 words (name and title not included)
- Begin your narrative with a sentence that allows the reader to know the action you have started from or use an original line from the text.
- Keep the story in 3rd person. Keep it in past tense.
- Be sure that your details are consistent with plot possibilities and character dialogue is consistent with previous dialogue.
- Have fun with this- you will be sharing with your group. The winner of each group goes to the semi-finals!!! Yes- there is a reward for the winner in each class. (:
- You must have a written rough draft that will be written at school and turned in; however, you will be sharing your typed version with me on my gmail- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due date for rough draft: ________________________
- Due date for final typed copied (shared on gmail): ________________________Choose
Vocab.com – “Cask of Amontillado” due 9/19
HW passes given if you go to pep rally and game (take a selfie at game and send to email@example.com
Quiz over short story lit. terms Thursday 9/20- see power point on blog
Vocab.com- short story terms due 9/5
Anthem final test – Thursday, Sept. 6th- I will have a study guide. Visit Anthem post for copy of book, summary link and audio.
Anthem terms sheet- review this for test on Thursday-
terms to know for Anthem test
Above is a link to Shmoop’s review summary pages. If you didn’t do well on the quiz, you may want to read the chapter summaries of ch. 1-7.
We will read Anthem in class (perhaps a few chapters outside- see audiobook and pdf below):
Finish your Mini Me- template and examples on previous post
IF you didn’t finish and turn in your personality test response sheet, do so.
Join my remind- codes below:
Join my Remind!
On your phone-
text to the # – 81010
1st period – @ghe9d
2nd period- @e7h3cff
3rd period- @9th2
4th period- @9th4th
7th period- @9th7t
If you have not finished your summer reading book- do so. You will need to bring your book (digital copies are ok) on the day of the constructive response (possibly Friday).
Be sure you have logged into Vocabulary.com through the link next to your class period (found on last blog entry). There is one assignment to be completed by Wednesday.
Next Friday’s spirit day (Aug. 10th) is Space Day! You can think “astronaut” or “alien”.
The RTI link is on your computer screen-
Link to the personality test that gives you info. for you to fill out your sheet is found here:
to sign up for vocabulary.com-
1st period link-
2nd period link-
3rd period link-
4th period link-
7th period link-
I am so excited about our upcoming year together!
Below are some resources to help with the first of the year:
syllabus 9th lit 2017-2018
Mini Me assignment template (due Monday, Aug. 6th)- picture of examples found below link to template.
Students should have a book of poetry (ebook is fine).
Poetry Terms PPT 2015
Notes- to be filled out-
Poetry Terms PPT Notes9th Lit – blank note sheet
Assignment (due 5/16)